Basic or Practical
This course gives the student solid training in the defensive use of the handgun. Our classes are geared towards teaching practical, reality based firearm techniques.
In this 16 hour course the student will be instructed in:
- New firing positions; including movement, and barricades
- Cover tactics and mental training skills to improve your odds of survival on the street.
- How to achieve effective control of the handgun during high stress shooting situations to help cut down on misses and poor hits
- The secrets of effective trigger control to ensure that the hits are proper and centerline
- Reactive shooting skills to enable the student to respond to sudden, deadly force situations
- New visual skills and sighting techniques that work under high stress conditions
- Multiple target engagement
- One handed shooting
- Alternate shooting positions
- Low light shooting techniques
- Ammunition: minimum of 800 rounds
- Serviceable pistol of .380 Caliber or larger
- Suitable belt and holster
- Minimum of two spare reloading devices
- Wraparound eye protection and ear protection are mandatory
- Handgun cleaning equipment
This class is limited to 15 students.