Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
Congratulations you have your carry permit. Now what? Besides having another card in your wallet what does that permit really mean? This course will teach you.
We tell our students in the Tennessee Handgun Carry Class, and this can apply to any state: “You bought a piano, and took one lesson; does that make you Beethoven"?
The obvious answer is, “No”. But, most states that mandate some type of introductory class before being issued a permit are satisfied with this limited training. However, the question is, “Are you satisfied and comfortable enough to use a gun by simply taking one class that is only designed to show you how to be safe along with some basic gun handling skills?” Probably not.
You need to use your gun so you can realize how little you actually know. This Fundamentals of Concealed Carry class will take the basic skills you’ve learned and extensively build a genuine baseline of training, comfort, and knowledge in which you can work. In addition to spending more time on the range with gun in hand, you will understand why the state-mandated introductory training provides a false sense of security. And do you really want to depend on a false sense of security to protect yourself and those you love?
Some of the topics covered will be:
- New laws
- Introduction to reactive shooting
- Mindset, Combat Triade
- Use of Force Continuum
- Modes of carry and equipment selection
- Dressing for concealed carry
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Drawing from a holster
- Scenario based drills
- Requalification and certification
- Safe and serviceable handgun
- At LEAST 2 magazines (three if Single Stack)
- 3 speed loaders if revolver
- Belt with suitable holster with ammunition carriers
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing and Eye Protection are MANDATORY
- Billed or brimmed hat
- Student should bring a sack lunch (Water will be provided by Dodd & Associates