Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
Congratulations you have your carry permit. Now what? Besides having another card in your wallet what does that permit really mean? This course will teach you.
I ask my students in the Tennessee Handgun Carry Class, and this can apply to any state, “you have bought a piano, taken a lesson, does that make you Liberace"? The obvious answer is no but most states that mandate some type of class before issuing a permit are satisfied. The question is are you satisfied and comfortable to use a gun with a class designed to show you how to be safe and some basic rudimentary gun handling skills?
Fast forward, you need to use your gun and realize how little you know. This class will take those basic skills you learned and extensively build a genuine baseline to work with. In addition to spending more time on the range with gun in hand, you will understand why the State mandated training provides a false sense of security. Fast forward again; can you depend on the false sense of security to protect yourself and those you love?
Some of the topics covered will be:
- New laws
- Introduction to reactive shooting
- Mindset, Combat Triade
- Use of Force Continuum
- Modes of carry & equipment selection
- Dressing for concealed carry
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Drawing from a holster
- Scenario based drills
- Requalification & certification
- Safe and serviceable handgun
- At LEAST 2 magazines (three if Single Stack)
- 3 speed loaders if revolver
- Belt with suitable holster with ammunition carriers
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing and Eye Protection are MANDATORY
- Billed or brimmed hat
- Student should bring a sack lunch (Water will be provided by Dodd & Associates