Have you been thinking about getting a shotgun for home defense or just interested in learning about the weapon? Then this class if for you.
For many generations, the shotgun has been a traditional tool for protecting one's family and home, as well as for hunting and competition. However, few people have received proper instruction in the training necessary to maximize the effectiveness, comfort and safety of using a shotgun. This class will have a combination of lecture and hands-on range work.
Basic firearms safety and legal issues will be discussed, but you do not have to be familiar with shotguns. You are encouraged to bring your own shotgun and ammunition, but this is not a requirement. A limited selection of shotguns is available for use in this course, by prior arrangement. During this course, you will:
- Review safe gun handling and range safety
- Learn to shoot a shotgun without pain
- Learn administrative handling, loading and unloading
- Learn about equipment and ammunition considerations
- Review home storage, safety and cleaning
- Ammunition: 300 rounds skeet, 10 rounds slug, 25 rounds buckshot
- Shotgun (pump or semi-auto)
- Wraparound eye protection & ear protections are mandatory
- Firearms cleaning gear.
This class is limited to 15 students.