This course is for those new to handling and shooting a handgun, and for those just needing a refresher for the basics.
This course will teach basic marksmanship skills and will cover aspects of operating a handgun. It will also include, safe gun handling skills, safety with weapons, legal issues, nomenclature, and maintenance of your handgun.
Range work for this extensive class will cover such topics as:
- Sight Alignment
- Trigger Control
- Follow Thru
- Target Identification
- Safe and serviceable SEMI-AUTO pistol or revolver
- At LEAST 2 magazines (four if Single Stack)
- 2 speed loaders if revolver
- Belt with suitable holster with ammunition carriers
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing and Eye Protection are MANDATORY
- Billed or brimmed hat
- Student should bring a sack lunch (Water will be provided by Dodd & Associates
- Baseball Style hat